Updated and Effective as of: June 2021
- Use any of the following websites: leede.com, leedemn.com, leedewi.com (our “Websites”),
- Become a member (a “Panel Member”) of any of the panels created, maintained, or operated by us, or
- Participate in market research activities, including questionnaires, surveys, and online focus groups, offered, provided, hosted, or administered by us (collectively, “Research Activities”).
We respect your privacy and protect the information you may provide to us. As members of the Insights Association, we follow the Code of Standards, including strict privacy regulations in market research, set forth by the Insights Association.
Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, starting January 1, 2020, you have a right to notice of our collection of consumer personal information, as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Civil Code §1798.100 et seq. (CCPA). This Notice is to provide you with information regarding our collection of consumer personal information. All terms are used in this Notice as defined in the CCPA or applicable regulations thereunder.
Subject to certain exceptions and limitations, personal information is any information that directly or indirectly identifies, describes, relates to, is capable of being associated with, or can reasonably link to a particular consumer or household. For individuals within the State of California, you instead have the right:
To request from Leede Research access to your Personal Information that Leede Research collects, uses, discloses, or sells (if applicable) about you
- You have the right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. You have the right to know the categories of sources from which the personal information has been collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- To opt out of the sale of Personal Information, if applicable
- To non-discriminatory treatment for exercise of any of your data protection rights
- In case of request from Leede Research for access to your Personal Information, for such information to be portable, if possible, in a readily usable format that allows you to transmit this information to another recipient without difficulty.
- To exercise these rights contact us at (612) 314-4400. We may ask you to provide additional information, such as first and last name and email in order to verify who is making the request.
- Please note that any requested disclosures will only apply to the 12-month period preceding the request, and you are entitled to request disclosure regarding your personal information twice in any 12-month period.
What personal information do we collect in our surveys?
We collect the following types of information and limit our collection to what is relevant for our research purposes:
- Personal Information: Personal Information pertains to any information that is identifiable to you. This includes your name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and demographic information.
- Other Information: We do not collect any other user information without explanation and consent from the participant.
- Our website and online resources also collect other basic information about you that does not directly identify you, but which may correspond with you or a particular device (“Other Information”). The Other Information we may collect includes information about your computer and internet connection, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We also obtain general website traffic reports from Google Analytics and use this information to learn more about how our Website is used and enhance and improve our Website. We also use this information to customize the way information on our Website is presented to you.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We only collect participant information in our surveys through voluntary and lawful ways. The nature of the use of the information will always be clearly communicated prior to asking for this information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is reliable, accurate, and current for its intended use.
We may receive personally identifiable information from a client. This information has been previously volunteered by the participant and is only used for survey invitations and for determining appropriate questions to ask within a survey. This information will never be associated with the participant’s answers and will never be returned to the client with any identifying information. Agreements between us and our clients ensure that personally identifiable information is not shared with the clients or outside parties, and will never be used for any purpose (including sales transfers) without the person’s consent.
How do we use personally identifiable information?
Use and purpose of collecting personally identifiable information will be revealed at the time consent is received for collecting the information.
One of the most frequent reasons for collecting personally identifiable information is to distribute incentives for a survey. This information is only used to distribute earned incentives. Personal information is then removed from the survey data at that time and destroyed.
Information such as email address may be collected for opting into participation in a panel or future surveys. In this case, the participant has consented to our contacting them via email for future survey opportunities. Email addresses may be used as a unique identifier or password for security purposes, but only when legally available from a responsible source or in opt-in cases.
Personal identifiable information may be collected to verify the participant is in fact who they say they are. This is applicable if we possess some information prior to the survey, possibly from a client list, or from opting in to providing information in a previous survey.
If personally identifiable information is supplied to us by a client, we may provide a list of those who have completed, started but not finished, or have not started surveys, without identification of any survey answers. Additionally, this information may be displayed at a broader level in association with survey results. This would not be done in such a way as to disclose any other personally identifiable information or allow anyone to match answers to participants.
Other reasons for collecting personally identifiable information include use in broader demographics. For example, collecting zip plus four or street address information to retrieve census information about a particular geographic area.
We will never share personally identifiable information without your permission. We will never sell any personally identifiable information to anyone.
If personally identifiable information was provided by a client, we may allow the client to know who took the survey. This generally only applies when the client is sending survey invitations. This includes information that is not attached to survey responses, and is simply the information that was already provided to us from the client. As the participant has already given consent to the client to obtain this information, we are respecting participant privacy.
What safeguards do we take to protect personally identifiable information?
We use numerous restraints and safeguards to protect user privacy. These include technological, organizational, and physical security measures. These restraints protect user information from being obtained, viewed or used by unauthorized persons. We maintain a secure password-protected server with limited and monitored access. Passwords are changed frequently for a higher level of security. Only a few employees – those who need access – are allowed to view personally identifiable information. Additionally, personally identifiable information is separated from survey responses whenever possible. This information is deleted, when possible, as well; for example, after a research study has taken place.
We are HIPAA compliant. This is most relevant for protected personal health information but applies when very sensitive personal information is collected, particularly health care information. Following HIPAA guidelines means that we take very strict precautions to protect sensitive personally identifiable information. Even higher precautions, such as encrypted email and closed-loop mail systems, are in place for this level of sensitive information.
What about external links connected to our surveys?
How can a user opt out of our services?
For Panel Members, you may terminate your membership in a Panel by sending this request via email to email@example.com. If you opt-out of any of our Panels, we will retain your information in our “unsubscribe” database for that Panel to ensure that we do not send you emails in the future inviting you to participate in Research Activities involving that Panel. Please note to eligible for an incentive, the user must provide their contact information.
For Non-Panel Participants and Site Users, if you would like to be removed from our contact list, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing personal information we hold about you
You have the right to access the personally identifiable information we hold about you. To correct, update, or delete information, please send us an email to email@example.com
Confidentiality and Legal Issues
We take the utmost precaution in guarding personally identifiable information. Due to the insecurity of the internet and the transferring of information over the internet, networks, servers, hardware, or software that is not owned and operated by Leede Research, we cannot guarantee absolute security of information provided. Furthermore, in certain legal circumstances, where required by law, we may disclose personally identifiable information to comply with a court order, judicial proceeding, or legal process served to us.
How Do You Contact Us?
The Leede Group, Inc.,
5401 Gamble Drive #100 St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Telephone: (612) 314-4400
We will endeavor to respond to all inquiries via email or regular mail within 30 days of receipt.